Manages the firm’s Tax, Corporate and Accounting Unit, with strong emphasis on start up business of foreign companies in Uruguay and cross-border transactions with Uruguay as a platform for regional businesses and offshore structures.
- University of the Republic of Uruguay, Certified Public Accountant, 2000.
- University of Montevideo, Master Degree in Law and Tax Practice, 2005.
- Association of Accountants, Economist and Administrators of Uruguay
- Institute of Tax Studies of Uruguay (IUET)
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Juan Ignacio Troccoli is the Tax Senior Partner of Fischer & Schickendantz (www.fs.com.uy), one of Uruguay´s leading law firms. He manages the Tax, Corporate and Accounting Department of the firm, integrated by 15 CPAs and 45 auditing and support staff. He specializes in advising local and foreign clients on fiscal, finance and accounting topics, cross border transactions, international tax structures and setting up operations within Uruguay to serve worldwide clients. Also Juan advises several multilateral institutions such as the World Bank Group and the National Industrial Chamber in Uruguay.
In his 19 years as a certified public accountant, Juan has accumulated experience in a vast array of cross border deals, including:
- advising and structuring the set up of Telefonica España operations in Uruguay with the optical cable business, 2000.
- advising Mormaii, brazilian textile company, on the start up and daily operations in Uruguay, 2003.
- advising Sancor, main dairy producer in Argentina on their operations in Uruguay, 2003.
- advising Sol Lineas Aereas, commercial regional aircraft business, on the start up and daily operations in Uruguay and the region, 2004.
- advising and structuring the first real estate trust in Uruguay (“Village del Parque”), 2004.
- advising on residential real estate projects, including: Jose Ignacio Polo Club (a 350-acre project under the direction of renowned architect Carlos Ott); Carmelo Golf and Polo, Colonia; Barrancas de Jose Ignacio and Chacras de la Barra de Maldonado (Eidico´s projects in Uruguay), 2007-ongoing.
- advising and structuring the set-up of the regional corporate structure for Computer Associates Inc, 2008.
- advising in structuring and financing contracts with GE Capital of aircraft purchases by GloboTelecomunicacoes (Brazil), 2008, 2009.
- advising and structuring the set up of foreign-owned agricultural ventures, such as the USD 60 M equity AAgro group, 2010; USD 58 M Investancia S.A., 2011; advice to USD 500 M multinational farm fund launched by Galtere, 2010, USD 250M Hillock Capital Group, 2010-ongoing.
- advising JH Partner, US private equity firm, on the acquisition process and ongoing operations of Neutral Duty Free Shop, 2011-ongoing.
- negotiation and closing of franchise agreement on behalf of J.H. Partners, a U.S.-based private equity firm, of Uruguay´s largest retail franchise: Gap stores, and ongoing advising on tax and corporate aspects, 2011-ongoing.
- advising Minera Aratiri (Zamin Ferrous) on corporate and taxes. Minera Aratiri is the largest foreign direct investment project in Uruguay´s history (USD 3 Bn). 2009 –ongoing.
- advising on tax and accounting matters Breeders & Packers, Uruguay, British-owned leading meat processing company in Uruguay, 2012-ongoing.
- advising ICA Mexico on the public offering for a private penitentiary center in Montevideo, Uruguay, 2013
- advising La Rural, Centro de Emprendimientos y Espectaculos, Argentina, on the public bid to develop a business and tourist center in Punta del Este, Uruguay, 2014
Juan Ignacio Troccoli graduated from the University of the Republic as a certified public accountant in 2000, and in 2005 he obtained a Master degree in Law and Tax Practice from the University of Montevideo. He also obtained a Corporate Law Certificate at the Austral University (Argentina) in 2005, he completed an International Aspects of Taxation course at Georgetown University in 2010, and completed an International Taxation Course at the Austral University in 2012. Juan is fluent in Spanish, English and Portuguese.
He lectured from 1999 to 2003 at the University of the Republic of Uruguay, as head professor of the course “Introduction to Accounting” and “Basic Accounting”; and since 2001, head professor at the ORT University in the course of Taxes. He also lectures in the masters degree in Taxes and Accounting in the courses of “Income and Wealth Taxes” and “Financing Decisions and Tax Effects”.